Working with SharePoint
Integration between Lync and SharePoint is seamless to the end users. Using People Search or e-mail web parts the user can easily see and interact with on-line colleagues.
With development, the use of Presence and Lync in SharePoint can be extended to create bespoke people services for applications such as Project Management, Training Sessions, CRM for federated customers, Help Desks, Meetings and Expertise Instants.
By drawing together organised structured and unstructured content with individuals in a framework they can collaborate securely - many tasks can be improved and productivity increased.
Advantages of Microsoft Lync
For us just a few of the advantages include:
- Seemless Integration with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook
- The ability to build "presence" into our software developments
- Minimal user training - it works with tools we are familar with
- Ability to provide better support to our clients using desktop, presentation and whiteboard solutions even though they aren't Microsoft Lync users.
- The ability to federate with Microsoft and clients who also use Microsoft Lync.
- Automatic call forwarding - allows calls to be put back and forward between staff wherever they are.
- Lower costs. We no longer have a phone line. The system works with SIP trucking through our leaseline (and briefly when we moved offices in early 2011 through our ADSL line).
Productivity is improved and virtual meetings are easy to set-up. Our meeting room is now an extension of our client's office for conference calls. One of our clients now run seminars and workshops for business people across a wide geographical area using Lync allowing them to share expertise with a much larger number of people at a lower cost; and having the added advantage of a greener footprint.
Although we use Microsoft Lync without a PBX. Most of our clients have PBX and we work with telephony experts to provide a seemless service bringing together telephony and data expertise.
Need more information on Microsoft Lync?
Please Contact Us or download Microsoft datasheets and white papers from the right of this page.