Knight Frank turned to Objective, their long-term software development partner, when they wanted to create an Appraisal Workflow system using Microsoft SharePoint.
Service: Software Development
About Knight Frank
Knight Frank was founded in London more than a century ago and has grown to become the world's largest privately owned global property agency, working across 209 countries.
In the UK, Knight Frank has a network of 41 offices, employing over 1,200 people.
Knight Frank wanted to improve their UK appraisal system, and to include workflow capabilities. The current appraisal system was based on Word documents; these were often difficult to track with lots of part completed documents hidden in email attachments.
Human Resources (HR) needed a streamlined appraisal procedure with workflow tracking built in.
Objective designed an environment that enabled HR to add new forms that would automatically implement the agreed workflow without the need to involve additional technical resources.
This solution allows HR to:
- Create a process for completing appraisals online
- Create online forms to capture appraisal information
- Establish workflow tracking
- Incorporate the process and forms in the Company Intranet
This solution is geared to Knight Frank in the UK, however, it has been engineered to be scaled to other countries. The approval process mechanism can be cloned to the country's HR environment, the workflows tailored and the forms converted.
- Built on Knight Frank's existing investment in Microsoft Technologies
- Tracking of Paperwork avoids delays and lost appraisals
- Saves HR time/cost through standardisation of procedure
- HR & Business Units are able to tailor their process, with no cost or input from IT