Munday + Cramer is a successful Essex-based architectural and building surveying practice who service a diverse base of private and public sector organisations. Historically their property management service has been controlled by spreadsheets and ordinary (Access) database solutions. To service their rapidly growing client base in a consistently cost effective and professional way they needed a more dynamic work management tool that not only served as a central record but also allowed web based prompting and processing accessible eventually to clients. This needed to be based on client and supplier relationship management, as the foundation on which other aspects of their quality management system would be developed (service management, project management, business management).
We developed Munday + Cramer a web based job system, with a friendly user interface to make entering and managing information as easy as possible for staff, along with a back end database, which stores all the information needed to run the system in one place.
“Thank you for helping us make the vision real”
Lee Hatwell, Director, Munday + Cramer
- Stores contractor and client information with the ability to differentiate between different types of contracts - one central hub of reliable information
- Keeps track of job progress through 6 stages – workflow ensures up to date status and enables reports
- Allows for easy input of health and safety advice to documents – allowing advice to be consistent and also customisable
- Automatically generate documents such as plans of works, quotations and certificates of completion quickly and easily using customisable Microsoft Word templates – drastically reducing the speed of producing documents, ensuring document consistency and removing errors
- Security module allowing Munday + Cramer to create and assign user roles – keeping control of the system in house
- No yearly rental/licensing or cost per head as the business grows
- Easy to use maintenance screens – intuitive, minimal training needed
The Future: ‘the Munday + Cramer app’
Munday + Cramer have been thinking of the future of their system throughout the entire development process. The system has been developed in such a way that it can be easily expanded to include new functionality and modules.
Along with new functionality Munday + Cramer are looking to make staff less reliant on being in the office and work smarter, to help with productivity and improve service to their clients by providing access to the system.
"This has been a great system to develop, it is functional, looks great and most importantly will continue to help Munday + Cramer increase their competitive edge and service to their clients"
Rob Galley, Development Director, Objective Computing Limited
We used Microsoft SQL Server and ASP.NET to develop this web based job system for Munday + Cramer. For more details on how we could help you migrate from legacy Excel and Access systems with a new SQL database development please contact us.